Director and Founder:
Over Thirty years of experience in education. Nine years as a 4th – 6th grade teacher, 6th – 8th grade teacher, special education teacher, and head teacher. Eighteen years as Principal of a private special education 3rd –12th grade program in Redding, CA. Founder and Principal Administrator from 2003 – 2013 of IEP school. Peter has been trained in five different crisis intervention training programs: Professional Assault Response (PART), Management of Assaultive Behavior (MAB), National Crisis Prevention Institute(CPI), Boys Town – behavior intervention training and Victor Therapeutic Intervention Training for Trainers.
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential,
- Specialist Learning Handicapped Credential with authorization to serve SH populations,
- Master’s Degree in Special Education,
- Administrative Services Credential
- Graduate, California School Leadership Academy, C.S.L.A.
On Site Administrator
- Preliminary Administrative Credential, IEP’s classroom Ed Specialist. BICM trained, IEP School Crises Prevention Program Trainer
- Graduated- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, Ca.
- B.A- History, Minor- Political Science
- Graduated- Chico State Educational Leadership Program
- M.A-Educational Leadership
- Participated in Simpson’s College’s single subject credential program and Chico State’s Level I M/M and Level II M/M Special Education Credential Program and BICM. Graduated Chico State’s Ed Leadership Program and Administration Program
- Extensive Training as Behavior Intervention Case Manager
- Extensive Training in Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- Has worked with IEP School since 2005
- Education Specialist
- B.A- Social Science (Humboldt State University)
- Currently enrolled at National University Masters in Special Education Program
- 18 years experience working with extraordinary children
- Has worked at IEP School since 2012.
4th – 7th
With 7 years teaching experience I am excited to be a part if the IEP School team. I have spent my time in education acting as a special education director, an RTI/MTSS coordinator- including the development of a full intervention and special education program for a school, and teacher across the continuum of educational environments. I started as a student of speech and language pathology, but quickly fell in love with all that teaching special education has to offer. I have worked with all age groups at all levels of special education and have yet to find one I don’t like! I am especially passionate about literacy, and teach this in a language rich environment. I have additional/specialized training in Autism, Self-Regulation, Capturing Kids Hearts, Crisis Prevention, and am working on becoming a certified Behavior Technician. Recently I have begun to pursue becoming a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
- B.A- Psychology (Humboldt State University)
- M.A- Education (National University)
- Publisher of counseling resource for children
- 4 years experience as a Social Worker
- 6 years experience as a Special Education Teacher
- California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- California Mild-Moderate Teaching Credential
- Education Specialist II with added authorizations
Transition & Student Services Coordinator
- Provides transition support and student services
- Parent Support and Education
- 23 years experience in crisis intervention and youth development
- Has worked with IEP school since 2013
- Behavior Assessor
- RTI team member/Parenting team member
- Has worked at IEP School since 2008
- 4 years as Brazilian Jiu Jitsu kids instructor
- Has worked for IEP School since 2013
- 3 years experience working in various Special Education classes
- Currently enrolled at Shasta College finishing A.A. in Behavioral Science
- Has worked for IEP School since 2013
- Has worked at IEP School since 2014
- BA Applied Psychology (Oregon Institute of Technology)
- 5 years experience in crisis intervention and youth development
- Has worked for IEP school since 2014
24 years experience in crisis intervention and youth development
Has worked for IEP school since 2015
- Queen of awesomeness and all that happens at IEP School.
- Go-to gal that has been with IEP since 2006.
Business Manager and CFO
- Dual BA degrees in French and Political Science
- Masters in Business Administration
- 5 years in Commercial Banking
- 6 years Business Manager and CFO of IEP School